Wednesday, November 6, 2013

PB&J and Whup Troy: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.


My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings?  If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?
None of us know a stranger.  Some would call it nosey, but I call it a gift for making people feel comfortable enough to open up.
What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?
Starting college and marching in the Marching Southerners
Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?
Well, I'm already a painter, so I'd like to be better at it.  I'd like to take some formal design and painting classes.  I'd like to figure out how to get exactly what's in my mind or in a photograph to come out right on canvas.
Second in line would be acting.  I've not done any extensive acting and have had no lessons in it, but I'm interested in trying it.  Comedy and improvisation would be my specialties most likely.
What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?
Can't think of one.  It may hit me later, but right now I can't think of any nostalgic smells. 
November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month).  Are you a lover or a hater?  What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?
I love peanut butter.  It's one of my trigger foods, so I try to stay away from it now.  My favorite recipe that calls for it is a very simple peanut butter pie.  It will make you lick your eyebrows.
What do people thank you personally for most often?
Getting out their way, mostly. 
What event this year are you most thankful for?
The Mardi Gras 5k in Oxford, Alabama.  It was the first 5k I'd ever run.  It made me realize that I'm capable of much more than I think I am.
Insert your own random thought here.
5ks and Marching Southerners...Amazing how those two things are predominantly on my mind this week.  The Southerners reunion is this weekend and so is a 5k.  I'm choosing the 5k. 

No comments:

Post a Comment