Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?: The Weekly Hodgepodge.

Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.


Describe a typical Sunday from your childhood.
A typical Sunday morning in my teen years consisted of getting up, eating breakfast, and going to Church.  After church, I headed home and settled down my room in front of the radio to hear Casey Casem's "America's Top 40" radio broadcast.  I loved 80's music (still do), and couldn't wait to hear little tidbits about the artists and songs.  Sunday evenings were spent at evening church service, then home to do any unfinished homework, eat dinner, watch a little TV (If Mom and Dad were watching something I wanted to watch--I didn't have my own TV) read, or listen to music, then off to bed.
How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
It depends on the type of uncertainty.  I understand that I can't know everything or plan for the unplanned, but I don't like having a future that is so up in the air and interdependent on so many external factors.  I'd like to be more of a captain of my own destiny.  I can trust God with my future-- I'm just not sure I can trust me with it.
What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty?  If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?
I'm a crafter, so I've always got something brewing.  I recently finished crocheting a doll dress (pictured here) and a painting of cherries and pansies in pitchers (I forgot to photograph it before I donated it).  I've got several other projects going, so if I don't get in too big of a hurry, I'll have pictures to post later.
Have you ever worked in a 'food place'? What did you take away from the experience?
I worked at the now defunct Hardees in Piedmont, Alabama one summer in 1993 or 1994.  I learned (1) I hope I never have to do it again--it's a food addict's nightmare (it's like an alcoholic working at the liquor store) (B) I don't know what I hate more, dealing with the drive through window, or dealing with rednecks in the drive through window (I did mention this was Piedmont right?), and (3) I learned that I was never so ready for fall classes to start my entire post secondary education.
Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.
Neither, really.   And, no, not Wild Turkey either.  **grin**
If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?
Evangeline Pate, my best friend from high school who took me to church and introduced me to Christ.  I haven't seen or heard from her since she moved away when I was 15.  I owe her so much for not only being a great friend and loving me into the Kingdom of God, but she's also one of the reasons I wanted to learn to play drums and march in the band.  I wish I could find her, but have had no success.  If she's married, I do not know what her married name is. 
What is one thing you must accomplish today?
There's nothing I must accomplish today.  There are lots of things I would like to accomplish.  Hmmm...it's not really a must, but I would like to do well in Choir practice.
Insert your own random thought here.
You know me, when I can't think of something to say, I share a video.  BTW--song #3 is my favorite.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment