Friday, September 20, 2013

Five Minute Friday: "She"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
Five Minute Friday
 
GO!
 
"She, she told me that she loved me and like a fool I believed her from the start." Lyrics to a song by The Monkees
 
She sells sea shells by the seashore. - Ancient tongue twister
 
Who is she?  Said in movies and TV to the beautiful, rail thin girl/woman that "happens" to walk by in a scene.  What's with that?  I want to see "who is she" said about a plain girl with massive intelligence who "happens" to walk by in a scene.  Even the Big Bang Theory doesn't have that.  BTW--I hate that show (sorry Sheldon fans).
 
Man, this is hard.
 
The "she" that people love.  That is who I want to be.  But I'm still not really sure who "she" is.  There was a hodgepodge question a couple of weeks back about when was the first time you really felt like a grown up.  I haven't yet.  "She" is a real grown up.  I still feel like a college student trying to find her place in society. 
 
Man, this is too hard.
 
TIME'S UP!
 
CRAP!
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! I totally follow you here... who is this anonymous "she" that we are all supposed to aspire to be like? I think "she" doesn't exist and we should all just be content being our own she selfs. :) Happy Friday to you from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and sharing, Julie. Happy Friday to you from Alabama. RTR!

      Delete
  2. I love that phrase "being my she self"! Stopping in from 5 minutes for Friday. This is my first time participating and this is great for a Friday. Happy Friday (Hi Ya'll, actually, I never say that) to you both from Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only done 3 or 4 of them, but I really enjoy it. Even when it doesn't go well (in my eyes). Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I struggled with this one too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got into BBT either!
    Also, I'm now 40, and am totally there with you. I do NOT feel like a grown-up.

    ReplyDelete