Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Are You Ready for Some AUTUMN?!: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.



When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
I usually do not get to see my friends in person to sing Happy Birthday, so I usually e-mail or Facebook post them this song.  So the last time I did that was yesterday to my friend Stella.  The last time I had it sung to me was on my 41st birthday.  It's taken me 41 years to finally have a birthday that I enjoyed, so I don't have a good understanding of whether I'm actually supposed to enjoy the attention, or feel selfish because of it.
Name a famous or 'infamous' person who shares your birth month and day. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
To be honest, when I researched Googled it, there were only 3 names I recognized.  These are May 30th babies:
  • Mel Blanc:  the voice of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and all the Looney Tunes characters we grew up with.
  • Wynonna Judd - famous country singer.
  • Colm Meaney - Actor who portrayed Chief Miles O'Brien on Star Trek the Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine.
Actually, I would like to have met all three of them.  I still enjoy Looney Tunes cartoons and would love to have talked to Mel Blanc on how he made all those voices.  I want to know the secret of any singer/musician like Wynonna who actually makes a living on her talents.  I'm a fan of Star Trek, so to meet Colm Meaney would be a treat (unless he's a jerk).
Update 04/22/14 - I found two more May 30th babies;  rapper CeeLo Green and professional wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts.    
Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
  • Money
  • Gift Cards
  • Keys to a new pick up truck
  • A plane ticket to L.A. (or a GPS and a gas card with enough on it to drive there)
  • Late, Late Show tickets for two weeks worth of shows
What is something you can guarantee about yourself?
I'll always do my best to make you laugh...or at least smile. 
Talking about art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan, Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in the Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
Why not both?
Your favorite dessert?
Ice Cream
This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall?  What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar?  Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
I turn off the air, open the windows, and break out the box fans.  When the cooler weather is more consistent, I'll buy some pansies for my planters.  I start thinking about Christmas crafts (they take a while to make).  I start playing my favorite schools' fight songs.  I'm looking forward to running more 5k's since the weather will be cooler.  I like both spring and fall.  They are the two most beautiful seasons in the south.
Insert your own random thought here.
I'm trying to just chill out and rest today.  Whatever sickness I had is trying to return.  I got really dizzy in the grocery store Monday.  I checked my BP; it was normal.  I had a good bit of energy at the beginning of the day yesterday, but by mid afternoon, I was so weak that I had to lie down for a couple of hours.  I'm sure it's nothing serious, but the various symptoms have occurred off and on for almost a month and it's extremely aggravating.  I've got too much to do to keep doing this. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you've felt unwell for so long. That wears on a person! I would like to be there when you meet Wynonna Judd...and I think it would have been a real treat to meet Mel Blanc. So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been working on my Christmas Card. I get sucked into looking at all the designs : ) I have a couple of things I really want to make for Christmas this year, so I should probably get started too. I'm not fast when it comes to crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. For me, it volume. I have lots of presents to make, plus my charity stitching, plus friends are having babies like 40 going North. I need more than two hands and 24 hours a day. :)

      Delete