Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mystery Ick: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Outside my window …  cool temps and the threat of rain.  We need a good soaking rain, so I say have at it. 

I am thinking...  about the upcoming Autumn and Winter and how to stay upbeat.  Autumn's easy; winter isn't easy at all. 

I am thankful...
that God takes care of me.

In the kitchen...
  want to make orange chicken.

I am wearing...
tank top and shorts.

I am creating...
working on a baby blanket for a friend.  Working on another for Sav-A-Life.  Trying to create as much as I can while I've got time.

I am going... was going to Community Band then to the gym, but I'm feeling poorly again (insert cuss word of choice here).  I'm staying in the cave for the rest of the day...maybe the rest of the week.  :(

I am wondering... what’s wrong with me?   I walked more than 4 miles Sunday evening with a friend and felt great.  Yesterday was fine until mid afternoon.  Had to lie down for a few minutes, but was OK after that.  Today, I made it to a little past lunch time and had to lie down for the rest of the day (I'm still in bed).  I haven't even worked out yet today, so I haven't exerted myself to even be tired, much less weak.  This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable!

I am reading...
Finished reading the Love Comes Softly series.  I'm still in the throws of reading The Art of Prayer by Kenneth Hagin.

I am hoping...
that I can get well and stay well and that permanent employment comes soon.

I am looking forward to... ??

I am learning
… that the body/mind/spirit connection isn't always a good thing.  If I could just keep a good mental attitude, I think I could overrun a body that doesn't want to cooperate.  I used to be able to do that.  I've got to do better.

Around the house... rest.

I am pondering...   on how to get in a better place financially so that I can see all the doctors I need to see.  I haven't seen a dentist for more than 5 years.  I need new glasses.  I haven't had a complete physical since I've been an adult (blood work doesn't count).  I haven't been to the "ladies doctor" for almost 10 years. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I think it's good that I can't run to the doctor for every little thing; I'd lose my heartiness and ability to endure, but some of these "things" aren't so little anymore.

A favorite quote for today...  "Don't stir up sh%t unless you're prepared to lick the spoon." @WomenSouthern Twitter Page

One of my favorite things... Improvisational comedy (Whose Line anyone?)

A few plans for the rest of the week:  to get COMPLETELY well so that I can get stuff done. 

A peek into my day...  move along folks, nothing to see here.
 
If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite disheartened and WORRIED to hear that you're still feeling sick. It must be demoralizing to not be able to do what you want and to have to worry about what it is. I must pray harder for you!! Getting older REALLY sucks!!! My sister recently turned 50, and her advice to me was to stay in my 40's. I'll try, sis!!! I wish I knew WHAT is causing your extreme fatigue and weakness!!!! I PRAY it gets better for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either. But it happened more than once. It would come and go. I have been feeling much better lately though.

      Delete