Friday, September 13, 2013

Five Minute Friday: "Mercy"

GO!

A commonly used "southernism" is "Lord, have mercy."  How often to I say that and mean it?  How often do I truly lean on God's mercy instead of my own efforts  Not enough, I'm afraid.

Other things the word "mercy" brings to mind:

Jesus said in Matthew chapter 9, "I desire mercy more than sacrifice"

The phrase "show no mercy" is ringing in my ears.  I think I've given myself too much mercy.  I was doing so much better when I was harder on myself.  Seems like my life was going in the right direction.  I started giving myself a little grace, then a little more grace, then everything seemed to tumble around me.  I must work harder and get myself together.

A song from Women of Faith's album Extravagant Grace comes to mind.  They sing a song called "Wonderful, Merciful, Savior."  We sang it at my home church one Easter.  I listen to it often.


The group MercyMe comes to mind.

I'm running to the mercy seat...

TIMES UP!

Five Minute Friday prompts are found here.

2 comments:

  1. "I must work harder and get myself together." And by mercy, you will be able to do that. :-)

    Visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete