Thursday, September 12, 2013

What Did We Learn on the Show Tonight, Auntie?: The Weekly Hodgepodge.

 

What's the best thing about growing older?

For me, the best thing about getting older is that since I am not a child anymore, I do not have to do things the way someone tells me I have to do them or because someone said that was the way it had to be done.  I also don't have to heed anyone who tells me what I can't do.  I'm not turning into a rebel; just a person who's tired of worrying about what other people think of me.  Getting older is also wonderful for me because I can finally be a kid!
 When did you first feel like a grown up?
Quite frankly, I don't feel like a grown up yet...and not in a good way either.
 Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?
Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing.
What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
I ran out of gas on highway 21 once and a really nice guy helped me out.
 What's something you learned from your grandparents?
I only knew my maternal grandfather.  We didn't spend a lot of one on one time together and he died when I was eleven years old, so....
Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?
Work on moving to a different corner of the world.  I know that answer sounds snarky, but I believe that's the only way I'm ever going to have any real personal peace and contentment.
Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.
Let the Peace of God Reign by Hillsongs is one my favorite "peace" songs:

My favorite "peace" Scripture is Philippians 4:6-7: Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 Insert your own random thought here.
Gosh, I've got so many things swilling around in my mind.  Some good, some bad, some weird (what else is new?).  I've been thinking a lot about how to get to my sweet spot:  that place where I truly feel like I'm in God's will and that my life is on an upswing.  I feel like I've been intensely holding my breath all my life.  I'm looking for little pockets of secret delight that help me enjoy where I am until I can get where I'm supposed to be.  
Something else I've been thinking about lately.  It may sound like a very selfish thing to some people, but my fellow musicians will understand.  I would like to have my musical ability verified.  No, I don't mean I want a little blue check mark on my bass guitar or painted on a drum head (Twitter folks get that joke).  What I mean is, I've always been told how good my playing is by people in the church.  There's nothing wrong with that, but let's be honest, in most churches, they are happy to have anyone who can remotely play or sing.  I would like my skills verified by professional musicians.  If they don't think it's good enough, it doesn't mean I'll stop playing.  It just means I'll probably never get paid to do it.  If they do think it's good enough, it would give me more confidence to seek out a way to make some extra money at it.
Hodgepodge questions are from here.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a musical person at all, other than to say I love music in all its many forms. Good luck pursuing something with yours!

    ReplyDelete