Friday, August 16, 2013

Zig Zaggy Nastalgia: The Weekly Hodgepodge.

My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend....what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?

I'm trying to think...let me see...mastered...well, nothing lately I guess.
What song most reminds you of your childhood?
The song I Wish by Stevie Wonder reminds me of good things in my childhood. 
 

As far as the not-so-good childhood memories, the song (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone by the Monkees. 



In the midst of it all, Trains Up in the Sky by Mylon Lefevre & Broken Heart reminded me that no matter what, I served a big God who could love me through the good, the bad, and the hot messes.



What do you think of single gender groups and/or events? Should every group/event be open to both genders?  If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate?
I think single gender groups/events are great.  The Bible speaks highly of these types of fellowships where we grow and learn from each other.  The only problem I personally have had with them lately is the guys get together to do stuff I would like to do (bowl, bike or run on the trail) and the ladies don't get together to do anything (or it's all married ladies).
What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
Is garlic considered a spice or a vegetable, or both?  Anyway, I cook several chicken dishes with garlic.  I actually prefer it over garlic powder--a new thing for me.
Chevron patterns are everywhere!  Do you like it or think it's a little too much?  Do you own anything 'chevron'?
The only place I've seen the pattern is in crocheted ripple afghans.  I've made a few.

Bumble bee ripple afghan and accessories

What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
Writing in longhand.  As much as I love to type, as an adult there's just something about putting an actual pen to actual paper.  I hated handwriting as a kid.  Of course, I have handwriting only a doctor could love.
What can irritate you very quickly?
Two things.  One, when someone treats me like I'm stupid. And B, when someone engages me in conversation by asking me something, then ignoring my answer to talk to someone else.  Nothing burns my grits more than those two things.  If I weren't a polite Southern Belle, there would be a lot of people running around with throat injuries from where I'd punched them.  Just sayin'.
 Insert your own random thought here.
The song Too Legit to Quit has been swilling around in my mind for a couple of days.  Lord help, I've started thinking about Christmas and felling the blues already!  We've had California weather here in Alabama for a few days.  Hmm...California.  College football season starts in two weeks (ROLL TIDE).  My teacher friends have been posting about the new school year.  It's makes me reminisce over my teacher years.  I miss the kids.  I don't miss the low pay (taught in a private school), and some of the BS from adults I had to put up with.  Man, I need to do my nails...
I'm joining with From Across the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment