Friday, August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday: "Small"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
Five Minute Friday
  

GO!

Song of Solomon says that the "little foxes spoil the vine."  I've certainly let little things spoil my health vine lately:  Little compromises here, little bouts of tired and/or lazy there.  I want to pick up and do better.

I'm thinking about a couple of my recovery heroes; my mentor, Jim, and my "celebrity hero," comedian Craig Ferguson.  Both are recovering alcoholics and addicts who been off the "stuff" for more than two decades (Jim, more than THREE!).  I just keep wondering "How do they do it?  How do they never drink the stuff again?"  I strive to handle my addiction the same way.  I just haven't been able to see my self do this yet.   How?  How do I never eat something for emotional reasons again?  How do I say no to something I know can kill me?  How do I do this?  How?

TIMES UP!

4 comments:

  1. You are so right to notice the little things that trip us up. I like the phrase "imperfect progress" in things like being healthy. It inspires forward motion without the paralyzing fear that goes with perfectionism.

    Keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I heard this at a women of faith conference: Imperfect progress IS STILL progress. I believe it was Lysa TerKeurst who was speaking at the time. I started her book "Made to Crave"...and I haven't been able to finish it. It's about conquering emotional eating. It is an emotionally trying time for me to read this book, but I am determined. You can do it:) Like Holly wrote: Keep moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that book too. Maybe we should study it together and talk about it.

      Delete