Sunday, July 28, 2013

Feeling Less: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Sunday,July 28, 2013

Outside my window …  a warm, sunny Sunday morning.

I am thinking...  about the next workout challenge. 

I am thankful...
for God’s mercy and grace.

In the kitchen...
 Nothing.  Our Sunday school class is having breakfast together and we’re having a fellowship meal after morning service.  No cooking for me today.

I am wearing...
jeans and a nice blouse.

I am creating...
Finished the baby blanket (yay).  Now working on finishing up the crochet top.  This pattern has been a booger.

I am going... to bed.

I am wondering...
about myself.  I know, what else is new?  I am experiencing these awful waves of depression that come out of nowhere.  It’s not winter, so that’s not it.  There doesn’t seem to be any outside forces causing it.  Actually, things are going quite well for me right now. It’s very disturbing to feel this much hopeless emptiness during good times.  What the heck am I going to do if things get bad again?

I am reading...
don’t know yet.

I am hoping...
that I get myself together soon. 

I am looking forward to...
football season. 

I am learning
… ??
 
Around the house... Laundry and dishes.  There’s more, but I’m not fooling with it right now.

I am pondering...   on anti depressant meds.  I was watching an interview with a comedian I admire.  He and the host were discussing why comedians, of all people, deal with depression.  They brought up taking meds to help.  The comedian said that he didn’t support taking the meds because “they don’t make you feel better; they make you feel LESS.”  Spot on!  So, I think “no” on meds for me.

A favorite quote for today... "If you throw in the towel, you’ll just have more laundry to do.”  Michelle Payne, my friend and Director of Sav-A-Life of Calhoun County.

One of my favorite things... school and office supplies.  Hey, I’m still a teacher at heart.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Stepping up my workouts and working on how to take better care of myself.  I tend to give out, give out, give out, but never put back in to refresh myself.

A peek into my day...  Very tiring day.  Here’s my favorite version of one of the songs we did at church today.  Love it.
 

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

4 comments:

  1. I know I'm new here, but as a fellow Christian,I can say I resisted antidepressants for a long time. I think what the comedian might have meant by feeling LESS is less anxious, less irritable, less fatigued and blah, less hopeless, less ready to dry over the stupidest thing, less inclined to rage when your brain isn't functioning normally. I can say my whole family can tell when I've not taken mine--and they avoid me!! But when I'm doing my usual, I don't feel the self-pity, the anger, the weepiness, the mental sluggishness. I see it as God's grace to me the way high blood pressure is grace to my hubby. He feels LESS, too--less heart racing, less fatigue, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reconsidering my position and have had a talk with my doctor who explained that not all antidepressants work like that. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. Oops , typos:(. less ready to CRY, not dry! and high bp MED is grace, not high bp itself;) It's late. I need sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK. I hope I didn't give the impression that I think no one should take antidepressants. That's not my call. I'm just saying that for me, it wouldn't be a good idea. The comedian said feeling less as in being a mere automaton with no feelings present at all. That would probably be how they would affect me. I'm not saying it for everyone. Sorry if I offended.

      Delete