Thursday, July 4, 2013

Naughty Bits: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Thursday, July 4, 2013

Outside my window …  rainy skies and cool breezes making my wind chimes sing.

I am thinking...
 about California (yes, again). 

I am thankful...
for living in a free country and for the sacrifice of my Savior who gave me the ultimate freedom.

In the kitchen...
 Nothing.  I ate a late lunch at my sister Margie’s house.

I am wearing...
a dark aqua summer dress.

I am creating...
A crochet wreath, the crochet tank/cover up, and the baby blanket.

I am going... to bed soon.

I am wondering...
about a photo that was posted by one of my Facebook friends this morning.  It’s supposed to be a joke for the 4th of July.  It’s a rather large woman with American flags covering her naughty bits.  The poster's friends are chiming in about how sick it is, how they’re laughing about it, etc.  What I wonder is, are her friends sickened and at the same time humored because the woman is obviously naked or because she is large?  Hmm…I wonder if the woman were rail thin would the picture even be posted, and would so many people have so many snarky things to say about it?  I know, I know, but it’s bothering me.  The picture didn’t humor me, or sicken me; it actually made me sad for myself.  The woman in the photo is my size.  How much weight do I have to lose before others are not sickened or shamed by my form?  **sigh**

I am reading...
Bicycling magazines.

I am hoping...
that my share time at CR tomorrow night goes well. 

I am looking forward to...
trying out my bicycle. 

I am learning
… ??
 
Around the house... Plenty to do; not doing it until Saturday.

I am pondering...   on self sabotage and why I keep doing it.

A favorite quote for today... "I've had psychologists try and tell me I'm a narcissist, but it's difficult to hear them talking over the sound of me being awesome." - Craig Ferguson

One of my favorite things... pretty earrings.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Sharing at Celebrate Recovery tomorrow night.  Errands and housekeeping on Saturday.  Church and praise team practice Sunday.

A peek into my day...  This is how the National Anthem should be sung:



If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing my wind chimes too. So comforting.

    I'm glad you mentioned the FB pic because we all need to be aware how even our comments on someone else's post can be hurtful to anybody that reads them. :-(

    I continue to hear more and more good things about Celebrate Recovery. I pray God will continue to bless everyone in it.

    Thanks for sharing your Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I've been involved with CR for more than 5 years now. It's great.

      Delete