Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Musings on America: The Wednesday Hodgepodge.

 

What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list?

Riding a bike. 
Do you have strong feelings or opinions about the immigration debate in your home country?  Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.
In a nutshell:  If I have to show proof of identification as a legal citizen, what is so offensive about asking immigrants for prove that they are in the country legally.  Doesn't mean that I hate immigrants (legal or illegal); in fact, quite the opposite.
What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?
Unfortunately, nothing.
Is your house set up for a party?
No.
What is one never-before-visited city in America would you most like to see? 
Oh gosh, there's so many.  How can I possibly pick one?  Other than Los Angeles, California, I would really like to visit San Francisco, California and visit all the shops and vendors, take pictures, go across the Golden Gate Bridge.  I really want to do the full touristy thing when I travel.
Your favorite red food?  White food?  Blue food?
Red?  Strawberries.  White?  Cottage Cheese.   Blue?  Blueberries.
What freedom do you value the most, and why?
Freedom of religion.  Without the freedom to worship God, the rest of the freedoms don't mean anything.  These freedoms were ultimately bought and paid for with the blood of Christ.  "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.." (John 8:36)
Insert your own random thought here.  
"God bless America, land that I love..."
Want to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge?  You can do so by clicking here:  http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/


 

2 comments:

  1. I like to go all out with the whole tourist thing too. I even do that around here. We live in Charleston, SC and I never get tired of 'sight-seeing.' LOL

    ReplyDelete