Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Boob Tube: 30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 3


 
My Favorite TV Program [Blog Challenge:  Day 3]

Okay, okay, I can answer this question, but I have to throw in a caveat or two.  What else is new?  

First, I haven’t had cable for more than 5 years (Dave Ramsey said no).  So, YouTube and Hulu are my sources of “TV.”  With that being said, the only new TV shows I’ve found and ventured to watch are  The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson and The Biggest Loser.  I enjoy the Late Late Show because despite some of the language and subject matter, it can be pee-in-your-pants funny.  Plus, I find out what TV programs, movies and “stars” are current (not that I care, but I do find out).  The Biggest Loser is a favorite for obvious reasons.  I know that the results they get aren’t typical, so I don’t even aim for them, but the stories and transformations of the contestants is inspirational to me.
 
Now, as far as “old” TV goes, my favorite show of all time is The Monkees.  I was turned on to this show and their music in 1986 when they had their 20 year reunion.  Their music is still in my playlist and I miss Davy Jones terribly.

But wait, what about the craft shows? you say.  Well, yes, it is true that I can get PBS on my antenna (and nothing else). However, PBS has been on my “dookie list” for more than a year because every time I want to watch the shows I like, they either take them off, move them to insane time slots, or continue to have pledge drives when they are supposed to be on (EVERY stinkin’ Saturday!).  So, I’m kind of done with them right now.

I hope that as things improve, I can get cable again.  I miss Braves baseball games and Alabama football (thank God for Eli Gold).  I want to see shows like Downton AbbeyDuck Dynasty, and Community.  I really miss HGTV (or as the men call it "The Devil Channel").  Plus, I just want to watch TV on a screen bigger than a laptop.  Someday…but it can wait.
 
{I'm linking up with So, Funny Story for this 30 Day blog challenge.}

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Hello!! I am a big PBS fan...Doug and I spend our Sunday evenings watching it. Don't we sound exciting?! My favorite on there right now is Call the Midwife. Oh, and I loved the Miranda show. HILARIOUS! I enjoy some aspects of the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson, too. He is a very funny guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a fan of PBS. I think it's Alabama's version of PBS that's the problem. I swear they have pledge drives EVERY Saturday during all my favorite craft shows, so I just gave up. Plus, shows like Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife were never on the time they are advertised. BTW--have you read Craig Ferguson's biography "American on Purpose"? It will French fry your head to see what this man has gone through.

      Delete