Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cold Calls: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Outside my window … A sunny morning with rain on the horizon.

I am thinking...
about food.  (Hey, at least I’m honest J ) 

I am thankful...
for a new day.  I am thankful for God’s mercies that are new every morning.

In the kitchen...
  Didn’t make it to the store yesterday.  I hope to make it there today.  Other than coffee and creamer, I don’t know what else I’m going to get.

I am wearing...
t-shirt and denim capris.

I am creating...
Want to work on 4th of July items today.  Yesterday was such a total waste and I didn’t get anything done in the craft room.  I can’t sell something I haven’t finished.

I am going...taking my niece and my mom to run errands today.

I am wondering...
what is trending in crafts right now and how to tap into it.

I am reading... I didn’t get any reading done yesterday either.  I’m still wanting to dive headlong into the book Look Great Feel Great by Joyce Meyer.  Plus, I got the July Believer’s Voice of Victory magazine in the mail and want to read it.

I am hoping...that my energy returns quickly.  I’m still so tired.

I am looking forward to... listening to all the Zig Ziglar podcasts I downloaded last night.  He’s great.
 
I am learning
… that I need to learn to be a good salesperson.  I’ve never liked sales.  I’m into service, not sales.  But, if I have a passion about something, I should be willing to learn to market it.  Maybe marketing is a better way to put it.  When I think of sales, I think of cold calls to people who are in no mood to be sold to, or slick talking scoundrels who either leave out important details or flat out lie to make a sale.  I don’t want to be either one.  More study.

Around the house... 
I have no idea.

I am pondering...  on how to get what's in my mind onto the canvas or stitched into yarn.

A favorite quote for today... “As long as somebody has abused you and you’ve not forgiven them, they are running your life.” – Zig Ziglar

One of my favorite things... Red Heart Super Saver Yarn.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Catching up on stuff.  Might go to knit night tonight, but I’m not sure about that one.  Church Wednesday.  Working on more crafts.  CR on Friday. 

A peek into my day...


If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment