Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Crimson Airplane: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

 

Pantone's color of the year for 2023 is Viva Magenta. Etsy's color(s) of the year are indigo and honeycomb. Your thoughts? Would we find any of these three shades in your home or wardrobe? Is there a room in your house that needs painting this year? Will you do it yourself or hire out? 

I find it funny that when I saw the name of the Pantone color, my first thought was, "that's just a bougie shade of crimson."  Then I read Pantone's description of it as a "nuanced crimson."  Ha!  Red (and it's various shades) is one of my favorite colors.  I do have shades of red in my kitchen and office area.

When did Etsy start presenting a color of the year?  I shop on Etsy occasionally, but didn't know the website had news on trends in the artist community.  Indigo and honeybee are beautiful colors, separately and in concert.  I do not have any of those colors in my decor or wardrobe.  I look good in blue, but not yellow.

Our apartment complex does allow us to paint the walls.  However, upon moving out, we are required to return the walls to their original white.  That's just not a good use of time or resources.  Oh, but wait until I have my own house; there may not be a white wall anywhere in the place.

Something you had to do recently that could be described 'as exciting as watching paint dry'? 

Compiling assessment data for the deans for whom I am their administrative assistant.  The randomness of the lists and numbers, the monotony of the task, and the erroneous inconsistency in the results of the process was boring enough to put coffee to sleep.  

Who would you most like to sit beside on a 10-hour flight? Tell us why? Have you ever taken a 10-hour flight? 

The longest flight I've ever taken was from Denver to Atlanta. The flight is supposed to take about four hours, but with the changing time zones, who knows for sure?

Do I have to pick just one person? 

I'll choose a couple of people according to category.

Pastor Robert Gelinas
Someone I admire and know personally:  I would enjoy a ten hour flight sitting with my Pastor and his sweet wife.  I've been at Colorado Community Church for more than five years, but still know very little about those who lead.  In all fairness, it would take them being stuck with me for a long flight to get to know them.  I'm part of a large church and I'm sure that our leadership has hundreds of people pulling on them daily--some for good reasons, some for not-so-good reasons--so I'm sure their friendship circles have to be extremely tight.

I'm not used to that.

Someone I admire but do not know personally:  Mylon Lefevre was one of my first Contemporary Christian music heroes after I became a believer.  I was a big fan of 80s secular music (still am).  Mylon's band, Broken Heart, along with Petra, Carman, and Amy Grant, put out quality Christian music that matched--if not surpassed--their secular counterparts. I'd want to talk music, faith, guitars, and anything else we could think of.  I don't know how, but Lefevre was one of the main influences in my pursuit of music.  Now, understand, I was one of the least musically inclined, most rhythmically challenged people I knew.  I couldn't keep time when we'd have music time in elementary school, I couldn't dance (still can't), and I sang like a tone deaf basset hound (some people think I still do).  Somehow seeing Broken Heart, a bunch of country boys from Marietta, Georgia, produce such awesome music that also challenged the listener's faith, gave me the confidence to not only seek to be taught in the Word, but to be taught any musical instruments I thought I could play.  Now, 35 years later, I long for my own space so that I can finally own a drumset and vibraphone (I already have my own bass guitar).  Until then, I am content to play bass guitar in my apartment during my down time (whenever that is).

Here's a brief snippet of Mylon Lefevre's testimony.

And if couldn't have any of that, I'd love to sit beside my sisters Ida, Clara, and Margie.  That would be a riot.

What's something you did growing up that would get you into trouble? 

I didn't get into a lot of trouble growing up, but when I did, it was a doozy.  Flat-out disobedience would get me into huge trouble with my parents and teachers.  Lying was also a big no-no.

According to Google the top searches in 2022 were- Wordle, election results, Betty White, Queen Elizabeth, Bob Saget, Ukraine, Mega Millions, Powerball numbers, Anne Heche, and Jeffrey Dahmer. Hmmm...what does this say about us? How many of these words did you search last year? What would you guess was your most 'googled' word/phrase/question. 

To me, this says that we are a curious bunch; if we want to know about something or someone, we look it up.  The only drawback is that more often than not, if we are not discriminating in our sources, we can be led to incorrect or inaccurate information.

Sorry, my professor voice slipped out.

I did google "Wordle."  I'd seen posts about it from some of my friends who were playing the game, but I had no idea what it was.  Even after reading about it, I still didn't understand it enough to play it.  It seems really complicated.

When people such the aforementioned individuals pass away, I usually look up information about their lives.  As a collector of useless pop culture in the 80s, the urge hasn't slowed down.  With the advent of the internet, I have more ready access to data.

I think my most "Googled" items were Bible verses, and definitions and synonyms for certain words.

Insert your own random thought here.

In case you missed it:  

* My previous Hodgepodge post:  "The Dog in the Room" is here.
* My latest Five Minute Friday Post:  "Ignore" is here.
* My latest First Line Friday post "#7:  When I Don't Desire God" is here.
* My latest Monday Mess Making post on my Auntie's Workshop blog "Don't Forget the Unicorns" is here.

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting who determines colors and trends. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete