Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The Dog in the Room: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

 

Something you've done recently that might be considered a labor of love? 

I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to answer this.  Is this one of those mom/wife guilt questions?

What's one thing you love about being the age you are now? 

The best thing about being 50 is that I don't look or act my age.

What do you value more: careful planning or the freedom to be spontaneous? Elaborate.

It depends on the situation.  Normally, I like careful planning.  Part of the reasoning behind this line of thinking is that most of my friends have spouses and/or children to consider when making plans.  Even if I can drop everything and go somewhere, my friends cannot.  I also like to know what's going on, what to expect, and what's expected of me in these types of situations.

A home cooked meal or a fancy restaurant? pink or red? watch the sunrise or watch the sunset? wine and cheese or champagne and chocolate? 

What is the context of the question?  If you mean a home cooked meal made by someone other than me, absolutely.  I don't think I'd know how to act at a fancy restaurant.  The fanciest place I've ever eaten was Olive Garden.  At one point, I dreamed of getting dressed to the nines and going to a fancy eatery.  Now, the thought causes my stomach to lurch.  I'd most likely not know what to order or how to eat it.  Plus, no matter how careful I am, my clothes are always hungry.  I'd most likely spill something on my fancy clothes. Then, there's the embarrassment to whomever would be my dining companion.  No thank you; I don't like to be embarrassed over food.

Red or pink?  I like both colors, but red is my favorite of the two.

Sunrise or sunset?  Either one.  I haven't yet found a suitable place to get a good view of the beautiful dawn and dusk skies.

I like both cheese and chocolate, but wine and champagne aren't on the radar.

What's your definition of romance? Are you a 'romantic'? 

I ain't got a dog in the fight.  

Insert your own random thought here.

I started to opt out of this week's hodgepodge because I knew the theme revolved around Valentines Day--like I said, I ain't got a dog in the fight.  Occasionally these thing happen with blog prompts for various reasons.  I think I have a solution for when this happens, but I'm not sure Miss Joyce will go for it.  On the weeks when the questions don't apply, or don't spark joyful (or even sensible) answers, I'm thinking of going back to previous hodgepodges I missed and picking questions from those.  Maybe I'll call it my "Scraps." It's just an idea.  What do y'all think?

In case you missed it:  

* My previous Hodgepodge post:  "Slowing Down to Speed Up" is here.
* My latest First Line Friday post "#6:  Don't Waste Your Life" is here.
* My latest Monday Mess Making post on my Auntie's Workshop blog "Don't Forget the Unicorns" is here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm fine with scraps whenever the questions don't fit for whatever reason. My clothes are hungry too lol. I don't know how it happens, but I often end up wearing some of my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. I think you're idea is good or you could even take a creative spin on them...since there "ain't no dog in the mix" you could go the route of showing self love or love to others, etc. You did well answering and you always make me chuckle/

    ReplyDelete