Saturday, February 11, 2023

Five Minute Friday: "Ignore."

 
I took a walk at Union Square Park today (Saturday).  It's the first outdoor walk I've taken this year.  I ignored the urge to stay inside on such a nice day (Sunny and 61 degrees).  I ignored the still melting snow and ice from all the January storms.  I ignored pace and time and simply took a pleasant 20 minute stroll.

I could ignore the pond still being frozen over and the fountains being turned off, the field of dead grass, and the empty flower bed by the park sign on the corner.  Why?  I could ignore these things because they only point to what's coming.

Spring.

Yes, I know spring is notoriously short in Colorado, but it's coming.  Yes, we're going to get a lot more snow before this is over with, but the birds are already singing.  Yes, we may get more below zero temperatures, but some neighborhood flower beds have been dug in anticipation of spring flowers and summer vegetables. 

I'm choosing to ignore the ugly in anticipation for the coming beauty.

-----------------------------

In case you missed it:  

* My latest Wednesday Hodgepodge post, "The Dog in the Room," is here.
* My 2023 Treat Yo' Shelf Reading Challenge introduction is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Don't Forget the Unicorns:  Monday Mess Making" is here.
* My previous Five Minute Friday post "Explore" is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment