Wednesday, May 12, 2021

New Season, New Chapter: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
It's like my mama always said,  "________________." 

Mama and Daddy both said, "A hard head makes a soft a$$."  Meaning: being stubborn and rebellious can easily get your butt torn out of the frame as a child as well as an adult--and it smarts like crazy either way.

May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration? 

I plead the 5th.

Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.

Here in Colorado, an actual spring day.  No joke, it was sunny and in the 70s Saturday, rainy and in the 40s on Sunday and Monday, and a mix of snow and rain Tuesday.  It's supposed to be nice the rest of the week (maybe).  I was always told it was safe to put out flowers after Mother's Day here.  Ha!  Not this year.  I think I'll wait until around memorial day to put anything live out on my stoop.

Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by. 

Currently? Achievement....


This weekend I graduated from CCU with my Master of Arts in Theological Studies degree.  This gift from my friend Annie sums it up well...

For all the hell I've been through during the Covid-19 crisis, this was the one opportunity I doggedly determined not to screw up.  Praise the Lord and pass the transcripts!

I'm always seeking proper fulfillment through growth; that equals success.  I say proper fulfillment because there are things in life that society pressures me to think will be fulfilling, but in the end, they are smoke and mirrors that will leave me empty and searching for something else.  Honestly, some days I feel like some wives (well former wives now) I know who were NEVER satisfied with anything.  Their husbands gave up their God-given dreams, worked themselves purple so the wife and kids wanted for nothing, were the best providers and fathers they could be, yet Miss Thing wanted more and was never grateful for what she did have.  Y'all a man can only take so much crap.  Now you see why they are former wives?  Yes, I have wants, needs, and dreams that are valid, but I don't want to get so caught up in what I don't yet have that I cease to thank God for what He has already given me.

I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it?  (if you're not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere)

Oh goodness.  The last thing I bought from Amazon was a set of Command picture hanging strips.  Not much of a weapon--unless I use them to rip the hair off the enemy's most painful places.

Insert your own random thought here. 

In my last Hodgepodge (linked below), I talked about things I needed to "do afraid."  I'm happy to report that I completed two of them:

  • The Chick-Fil-A was so easy to get to.  I still don't know what the parking deck I saw had to do with it.  All I had to do was pass the local library I frequent, go up a block or two and turn right.  Well, I enjoyed the simplicity, the courteous service, and the Southwest chicken salad.
  • I did get my bass guitar repaired.  The gentleman who did the repairs was a great guy and did an awesome job.  He also gave me some pointers on maintenance.  I'll absolutely use him again.

In case you missed it:  

*My last Hodgepodge post, "A Penny Earned...is Still a Penny," is here.
*My latest Five Minute Friday post "Broken" is here.
*My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Finishing and Fixing I" is here
*My latest 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge review of The Five Love Languages:  Singles Edition  is here.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's fabulous!! And I'm glad you got to Chick-fil-A by way of celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You graduated! Congratulations!! I love how you used the expression (or title?) Miss Thing. My husband sometimes says, "Miss Thang" about someone he knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations..that is a great achievement. Our weather here in the PNW has been iffy too...do I wear shorts, or a long sleeve shirt and warm jacket...lol.

    ReplyDelete