Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Good and Bad Bingeing: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

Have you done more binge watching this past year than in 'normal' years? Any plans to break that habit in 2021? Tell us one or two shows you binged last year that you really liked. 

Yes and no.  I only have Amazon Prime and do plan a Star Trek (the original series) binge in the future.  I've been too busy to do a whole lot of binge watching.  However, during my down time (whenever that is), I've been catching up on some of the YouTube programs I enjoy.  I've been watching a lot of Smosh comedy videos along with This Southern Girl Can and Moriah Elizabeth's crafting videos.

January 26th is Australia Day. Have you ever visited or lived in Australia? Have you ever tasted Vegemite, and if so what did you think?  Is a trip down under on your bucket list? We answered a question about travel three months ago (the October 21st Hodgepodge), but let's revisit now...where are you when it comes to planning or even imagining travel this year? 

No, I've never been to Australia or tried Vegemite.  However, I would like to visit there, along with
other places across the pond.  As far as travel this year goes, if at all possible and things are close to a better normal, I want to go home for fun and see everyone who I didn't get to spend any time with when I went home for Mom's funeral. If we're at the point that JSU can have the Marching Southerners reunion in November and budget allows, I'm in! 

Heck, I'm ready for the better normal to happen so I can see all my friends at church or go across town to see friends face to face, hug, talk, and have fun without masks and fear.

Something that zaps your energy? Something that energizes you? 

Sadness and depression zap my energy, along with drama and any type of meetings that drone on and on unnecessarily.  Creativity, laughter, and caffeine energize me.

On a scale of 1-10 what are your eating habits like these days? (1=all junk food all the time and 10= juicing every green thing in the frig) Healthiest meal you've eaten in the last week or so? 

I'd say 7.5.  Since the holidays I've been eating more healthily than in previous months.  I'm still working to get back on track with consistency, so I still eat more crap meals than my body needs.  The healthiest meal I've eaten in the past week was the variation of my hot mess omelet I had this morning.

What's your most often 'Back in my day....' thing to say?

Back in my day we had musicians who could play and singers who could actually sing.  Yes, we had the Milli Vanilli thing, but we didn't have auto tune or music--as comedian Greg Proops says--that sounds like it was written by an appliance.

Insert your own random thought here.

In case you're interested:
* My completed 2020 It's the Hardback Life Reading Challenge is here.
* My new 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge is here.
* My latest Simple Woman's Daybook post is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post is here.

2 comments:

  1. I miss real music, too. Real hymns with actual tunes.
    I hope you can get to your reunion this year.
    Creativity is definitely an energy booster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me I forgot to add my healthiest meal lately. Mostly we eat fairly healthy, but we did get a bit off track around the holidays. We eat a lot of oatmeal breakfasts which I think is healthy. I so agree with you about the music...there is the rare exception these days but it feels like almost anyone can be a singer since there's so much technology involved. Take care.

    ReplyDelete