Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Fifty - 11: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

It's the 11th day of the 11th month and bloggers often make lists on days like today. Let's go with a list of eleven things you're feeling grateful for today.

The sacrifice of Christ
A beautiful day
Clean drinking water
A hot shower
Food
Clothing
Shelter
A good job
My health
Technology that keeps me somewhat connected
A free country where we have the right to vote

 What's something you decided to do or act on at the '11th hour'?  

Sometimes my school assignments feel like they are at the 11th hour.  I start them in plenty of time, but can't seem to get them the way I want them until the final day they're due.

Apparently the Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe contains 11 herbs and spices. What's a dish you make that calls for exactly eleven ingredients? Feel free to share the list and/or recipe. 

All of my recipes take 10 items or less except my Red Velvet Cake recipe.  It takes 14 ingredients.

Something you remember about your 11-year old self? 

 

It was 1983 and I was in sixth grade.  Michael Jackson's Thriller had come out the year before and Purple Rain was on the way, along with the harsh transition from elementary to high school.  

The 11th of November is Veterans Day in the US of A. This is a day to honor those who have served their country in war or peace-dead or alive-although according to the government's website it's largely intended to thank living veterans for their sacrifices.  Memorial Day is when we honor military personnel who died in service to their country.  Share a thought relating to Veterans Day or tell us something about a Veteran you know-love-admire.


Insert your own random thought here. 

In case you're interested:

* My latest Five Minute Friday post is here.
* My latest Simple Woman's Daybook post is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment