Friday, October 23, 2020

Five Minute Friday: "Disappoint."

Romans 10:11 (NASB) - "For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed..'"


To disappoint is to "fail to fulfill the hopes or expectations of (someone)."  We flawed humans disappoint each other without even trying.  Sometimes our lack of action produces disappointment in others. However, most times our expectations are what produce disappointment.   This is not to say that we shouldn't have reasonable expectations of others we depend on.  They key is reasonable.  

God has guaranteed in His Word that He will never disappoint us.  Why?  The Scriptures tell us what to expect. We get disappointed with God when we don't know what to expect due to ignorance of His Word, we expect God to honor our timetable rather than us honoring His, or we expect godly perfection from each other.

As I continue to grow in my Christian walk, I've learned to analyze my disappointment. God is never the problem; my own lack of understanding or unreasonable expectations of others is always the culprit.  The more I learn about the love and care of God, the more I trust Him and the better I can receive from Him.


2 comments:

  1. I think we are all on that journey. The more we trust God the more we receive. It isn't always easy but he never fails. Loretta fmf #4

    ReplyDelete