Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Short and Sweet The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Add caption

Let's start things off right...Wednesday is National Dessert Day. What are we having? How often do you  make/serve dessert? Store bought or from scratch?

I like to make desserts when I have company so they can help me eat them.  Otherwise, I try not to indulge in too many sweets.  When I do make them, I prefer to do it from scratch, but I'm not opposed to store bought options for desserts I don't make well.

Slow as molasses, icing on the cake, that's the way the cookie crumbles, have your cake and eat it too, half-baked idea, that takes the cake...which phrase might be applied to something in your life in recent days? Explain. 

Slow as molasses. Our governor has extended the statewide mask and "safer at home" ordinances for at least another month.  I don't know how much longer my psyche can take this government-mandated solitary confinement.  This has already gone on too long.

Something that's 'easy as pie' for you to do?

Overthink things.

Are you someone who likes to 'sugarcoat' news you think might not be well received, or are you more of a tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may? Do you like to receive your news the same way you give it? 

The Bible says that we are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).  I believe we should tell the truth in a loving manner.  To me, sugarcoating something is just a sweet tasting lie. Like too much dessert too often, sugarcoated news tastes good at first, but leads to a horrendous stomachache later.

Something you did recently that made you feel like a 'smart cookie'?

Hmm.  I'm not sure I should answer that.  I don't want to be accused of acting "too big for my britches." Instead, I'll just give a funny quote about this very subject.  "Why am I always the one to play dumb?  Why can't I play smart once in a while?"  Peter Tork, The Monkees.

Insert your own random thought here. 

In case you're interested:
* My latest Five Minute Friday post is here.
* My latest Simple Woman's Daybook post is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post is here.

3 comments:

  1. your smart cookies answer made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry the stay safe stay home is hard for you. Calif. has been strict too. I suspect as Covid goes up, so will the orders. My son got it and he lost a month of work and still feels fatigued. Thanks to Facetime we get to see our grands. Looking forward to when this whole thing is over. I went with friend that I have been with before and we are all trying to keep safe but we need to get out too. Praying this goes away soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that you're still so confined. We have a fair amount of flexibility and movement here in South Carolina. And didn't Fauci just say a lockdown isn't what we need right now? Who knows what to think and do from one day to the next. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete