Monday, October 12, 2020

Tailgating Season: The Simple Woman's Daybook

 If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Monday, October 12, 2020

Looking Out My Window ... The hues of autumn are kissing the leaves on the trees.  I took this outside of Rosie's Diner in Aurora, Colorado. 
 
 
 
I am Thinking...
  • About Cricut machines. Diana and my great nephew Ferendez have one and all the "in" crafters on YouTube have them, but I've never played with one to know what all can be done with them. No, I'm not in the market to buy one (they are expensive!), I'm just curious.
  • Why the Sam Hill are people hoarding paper towels again?!  Y'all stop!
  • About reinstating my online "check in" and "check out" procedure.  Back home when I would go out to the trail to ride or walk alone, I would post a "check out" to my Facebook friends to let them know I was out.  The point of it is that if I don't post a "check in" in a reasonable amount of time, someone can check on me to make sure I'm OK.  That way, I'd feel safer.  I think I have enough Colorado friends now to make this work.  Understand, the only time anything went wrong back home (my bike tire went flat), I had a friend immediately showed up to assist.  Since I can't hit the gym yet and I need to get out of the cave AND I need to set up some accountability, I feel the need to bring it back.
I am Thankful...
  • For college football.  Yes, I know it's just entertainment, but my favorite teams (JSU and Alabama) actually having a season brings a little bit of normalcy into my life.  I need something like this to anticipate.
  • For my friend, Annie, and her blog post "One Word:  Lean In" from a couple of years ago.  This year has been a very hard year for us all. However, winter--the hardest season of all for me--is fast approaching.  Her blog post talks about leaning into a season of life.  For me, I want to lean in and embrace the winter season and get as much joy out of it as possible, rather than spending it in dread and depression.
  • For road construction.  Yes, usually that's not something to be thankful for, but the side streets around my place were in desperate need of repairing and they were repaved recently. No more fear of losing a hub cap...or worse.

From the Workshop...  

The latest "Get 'er Done Art Challenge" post is here.  I'm currently working on weeks 5 and 6 of the challenge.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen... 

I would consider myself a professional tailgater--meaning I know how to act when I go to someone's house to eat and watch football.  From the Iron Bowl tailgate parties my home church used to have to the Saturdays I spent watching Alabama win (for the most part) with Miss Karen's family, there was always Rotel dip...always.  Now that college football is in full swing, I decided to take a crack at it.  It's three simple ingredients (One or two cans of Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilies, 1 block of Velveeta cheese, and some browned crumbled sausage) heated in a Crock Pot.  Simple, right?  Well, apparently the old adage is true that food cooked by others is always better than your own cooking. I tried to make this dip TWICE and neither batch tasted good.  I have no idea why.  Well, I'll let others make this dip and I'll stick with making spinach dip.

I am Reading...  
Thirsty for God Bradley P. Holt 
Kingdom Ethics by Glen Stassen and David Gushee
How People Grow by Henry Cloud and John Townsend

Completed volumes since my last Daybook:
Invitation to a Journey by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer
Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"Common sense ain't a flower that grows in everybody's garden." - Amber from This Southern Girl Can

Now For Something Totally Different ...


 

  

 
 

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment