Thursday, March 14, 2019

Epic Rap Battle of Snobbishness: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today:  Thursday, March 14, 2019

Looking outside my window   March has given way to lots of snow and strong winds that will slap you naked.  We had blizzard conditions yesterday, but the weekend is looking pretty nice.

I am thinking... 

About some people's mentality about jobs.  As a kid, I dealt with being shamed over my mom being a housekeeper.  I was never ashamed of it, and blamed the kids for just being stupid as usual.  Fast forward to the present and an adult tried to shame me by calling my job being "just an admin."  Apparently, this person has never been an admin, doesn't know what we really do, and may be someone who looks over the admin at their workplace.  No, I'm not going to be a secretary for the rest of my life, but geez, we all have to start somewhere.  I can't stand that kind of ostentation.

I am thankful...   
  • ... for the coming spring.
  • ... for finally making it to church this past weekend.  I've missed two Sundays in a row because of weather.
  • ... for the sound of neighborhood kids and dogs that make me smile.  I hope to get to meet more of my neighbors when spring comes.
  • ... for employers who have your safety in mind.  Because of the hazardous conditions yesterday, we weren't required to come to work, but we weren't penalized in pay or hours.

From the Workshop... Lately, it's been baby, baby, and more baby.

My friend, Amy, had her sweet Eleanor in December and this set is for her.



My coworker, Tammie, is in the process of adopting two twin toddler girls.  These two blankets are for these two sweeties.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen:  I completed two more letters in my A-Z Challenge.  Letter H is here; letter K is here.  I also revisited and updated letter L here.

I am reading...
  • The Word in the Wilderness by Malcolm Guite
  • The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
  • Jesus:  The Open Door by Kenneth Hagin, Sr.

Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
  • The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.  The review is here.
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.  The review is here
  • My Philosophy for Successful Living by Jim Rohn.  My Goodreads comments are here.
  • Curious George by H. A. Rey
  • If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg.  The review is here.

Favorite quote(s) of the week


To Rhett:  "Just turn your BS faucet off for a second." - Charles "Link" Neal III, Good Mythical More04/02/14

To Link:  "You're being stupid on purpose, right?" - Rhett McLaughlin,  Good Mythical More03/20/14

"Mercy makes transformation possible." - Pastor Robert Gelinas, Colorado Community Church.

God created you on purpose and for a purpose.  He's called you, positioned you, and equipped you.  There is a realm of influence--a group of people--that only you can inspire, encourage, and lead.  There's a plan only you can complete.  That's how valuable you are. -- Christine Caine, Unshakeable. p. 33

I've been trying to do better with my eating and my life's worse. - Rhett McLaughlin,  Good Mythical More 12/05/16

I was not valedictorian of my school.  I got honor roll for lunch. - Pastor John Gray

I am looking forward to... 
  • I just found out that Rhett and Link are going to be in concert in the Denver area in June.  While my budget and limited night driving most likely will constrain me from attending, just knowing they're coming to my new town is great.  But man, I wish I could go.
  • The Quilt, Craft, and Sewing Festival on March 23.  I was invited by a friend to attend.  I've always wanted to go to something like this.  It should be fun.
  • My friends over at Beyond the Trope are conducting a "Podcasting for Beginners" class at one of our local libraries this weekend. 

My Mythical Year: I earned another Mythical Merit Badge since my last Daybook.  Read about it here.

And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  Where?







 



 

1 comment: