Friday, February 1, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "Where?"


God created you on purpose and for a purpose.  He's called you, positioned you, and equipped you.  There is a realm of influence--a group of people--that only you can inspire, encourage, and lead.  There's a plan only you can complete.  That's how valuable you are.
 
- Christine Caine, Unshakeable. p. 33



Where am I going?  What's my next step?  Does my life really have a divine purpose, or am I just here to show people how not to live.  I've been asking these questions a lot lately.  I thought I was on the fast track to my next steps in life, but I hit a bump in the road.  Not a little bump, a big bump.  Have you ever accidentally run over a concrete parking block?  I have...more than once.

Yeah that kind of bump.

When I moved from Alabama to Colorado, I knew that God was guiding me.  From the long drive, to finding a job, to getting an apartment, to getting a reliable vehicle, God's guiding hand was all over it.  Now, I feel so directionless-- like I don't know where I'm going and like every door of opportunity on which I knock is closed, locked, and has furniture stacked in front of it. 

I keep reminding myself that God didn't need to bring me 1400 miles across the country to fail; I was doing that just fine in Alabama.  I just need to know where to step out next.

My current mood:


2 comments:

  1. One's life can be an inspiration, or, like mine, a cautionary tale. Both are equally valuable.

    Please don't do what I have done,
    do not follow my lead.
    For while I have had lots of fun,
    I needed time to bleed.
    The talent that were gift
    I tossed aside, snorting
    and all alone I tried to lift
    my pride; thought it was sporting
    to bull my way through every gate
    that God unlocked for me,
    and I realized, to late,
    that He had held the key.
    Stubborn is as stubborn does,
    and thus my life was what it was.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/01/your-dying-spouse-575-sometimes-you-get.html

    ReplyDelete