Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Upcoming Up & Coming: The Simple Woman's Daybook [40 Days of Throwback Thanks] [My Mythical Year]

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

 
For Today:  Wednesday,  December 12, 2018

Outside my window   Weather here in the Denver area has been rather mild, with just a few cold days thrown in.  But...


I am thinking... 
  • about Christmas.
  • about how to step up my fitness and further improve my diet.
  • about setting goals for 2019.
  • about what I want on my reading list for the next year.
  • about strategies for establishing friendships and community in the next year.

I am thankful.  
 
See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Days 16-21

You know, every day I'm thankful.  It's just that some days I don't get to write things down.  We've been in the midst of several large projects at work, so I've come home exhausted and not interested in looking at another computer screen.  Those projects are winding down, so I'll try to give you the highlights.
  • My co-worker, Amy, had her baby girl safe and sound.  Baby Eleanor was born December 6.
  • We have a new team member in our department.  He seems to be fitting in just fine.
  • As you will see in the "I am reading section,"  my reading mojo is back.  My reading goal this year was to read 40 books.  So far, I've finished 33.  I don't know if I'll hit my goal, but I'm thankful to have returned to consistent reading.
  • Both of my large projects at work are nearly over.  I hope to be done with both of them before we leave for Christmas break.
  • I've had some more Christmas finds.  During my preschool teacher years, we had ornaments on our tree that looked like mirror balls that I really liked.  I wanted some for my tree, but couldn't find any...until I went to Hobby Lobby.  I was looking for something else but found the exact ornaments I was looking for, and they were on sale to boot.  Also added to my Christmas decorations is a new Nativity set (also on sale).  Sure, I'm starting from scratch, but the finds have been fun.  
  • I'm thankful that I now have a name for my podcast.  My goal is to premier it in January.
From the Workshop...

My newest Christmas card.
 
I'm breaking out this wonderful pattern again.
 



From Auntie's Test Kitchen:  I'm trying to decide if I want to experiment with holiday food.  It would be fun, but I won't have anyone to help eat all of it.
 
I am reading...
  • Waiting for the Word by Malcolm Guite.
  • A Texas Sky by Lori Wick
  • Welcome to God's Family by Kenneth Hagin Sr.
 
Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
  • Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer.
  • Every Little Thing About You by Lori Wick.
  • The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis.
  • The Lord's Table by Andrew Murray.
  • It Wasn't Always Easy, But I Sure Had Fun by Lewis Grizzard.
 
Favorite quote(s) of the week


"Your faith does not create God, and your doubts cannot banish Him to nothingness." - Mother Teresa.  Seeking the Heart of God:  Reflections on Prayer.  p. 17.

"Who cares when Rome was sacked? They should have had a better offensive line." - Lewis Grizzard.  It Wasn't Always Easy, But I Sure Had Fun.

"I know that you are an Evangelical college because you're happy and talk to each other."  Anthony Esolin, author.  CCU's Strategic Priorities Workshop 10/26/18.

To Link Neal - "...there's nothing else about you, unless you start talking, that would make me think that you were a hillbilly." - Rhett McLaughlin, Ear Biscuits,  episode 147.

"I did not do that on purpose; I'm just an idiot." Charles "Link" Neal, 2018.  Ear Biscuits,  episode 168.

"Childlike wonder is never something I'm going to apologize for."  - Charles "Link" Neal, 2018.  Let's Talk About ThatEpisode 12.


"...grace is the power of the Holy Spirit available to you and me to do with ease what we could not do by striving." - Joyce Meyer.  Knowing God Intimately, p. 183.

"Don't make reading uncool.  Don't make it 'basic.'" - Charles "Link" Neal, 2018.  Let's Talk About That. Episode 9

"Having a cat is great preparation for having a teenager."  Rhett McLaughlin, 2018 during the Game Theory charity live stream for mental health.

I am looking forward to... 
  • A coworker invited me to attend a ladies Christmas party this weekend at her church.
  • I missed our church's Christmas Eve service last year due to weather.  I'm hoping to make it this year.
  • I'm looking forward to our upcoming Christmas vacation.  Rest, relaxation, and mythicality are in my plans.
And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  One.


 





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment