Thursday, December 6, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 15 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 15

On a recent episode of the Happier podcast, the hosts urged the listener to choose a Christmas motto.  I've decided to adopt the motto "embrace immaturity."  I'm already a kid at heart (10 years teaching preschoolers will do that to you--or run you stark raving crazy), so I'm making my Christmas more fun by celebrating it through the eyes of a child.  Plus, I grew up poor, so any gift I got and any fun I had was a blessing.

Something I've always wanted since I was a kid was a train set to go around the Christmas tree or a Christmas village.  While perusing the shelves at the thrift store, I found said train set for $8.00.  I figured if it didn't work, I was only out a few dollars and the charity supported by the thrift store still wins.  Happily, it did work.  I couldn't figure out how to get the suspension clamp to work, so I put the tracks around the foot of the tree.  I'll add to the tableau when I can, but for now I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment