Thursday, December 13, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 22 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 22

Another day of small things meaning a lot.  Several months ago, I noticed something funky going on with my windshield.  When the sun hit it just right, I could barely see through the pock marks and striations in the glass.  I have no idea how it happened.  Could have been hail.  Could have been a gravel truck slinging rock.  It didn't happen while I was driving and probably wasn't a one-time occurrence. 

I knew it needed replacing, but I feared the expense of it.  Years ago, replacing the passenger side window on my Buick cost more than $300; I cringed at the possible expense of replacing a windshield.  Although I didn't think this was the kind of repair for which Good Neighbor Garage (GNG) offered assistance.  I called them anyway.  I figured they could at least point me toward someone trustworthy and reasonable.  Not only did they find someone reliable and reasonable with access to salvage car parts, but the person they recommended came to my job and replaced the glass in less than 30 minutes.  With GNG assistance, the repair only cost me $75.  Again, God provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment