Tuesday, December 25, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 34 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 34

One of the many great things that came out of attending the ladies' Christmas party at Table Mountain Baptist Church was meeting Diana, the First Lady---what other people call the Pastor's wife.  After the party, I accepted her gracious invitation to Christmas dinner.

We hit it off immediately.  It didn't hurt that she's from Texas and her husband, Randy, is from Oklahoma.  BTW--for us Alabama fans, I did offer my sincere condolences to Randy on Oklahoma's upcoming loss this weekend.  Come to find out, he went to Oklahoma State, not University of Oklahoma, so he wants OU to lose as badly as we do. #RollTide

Anyway...

They were very welcoming and fun to spend time with.  Dinner was great, and, of course, the conversation was lively.  Our Southern / Southwestern upbringings gave us much common ground on which to begin a friendship.  It didn't matter to them that I wasn't one of their parishioners; their offer of fellowship was genuine.  I'm not just thankful to have not spent Christmas alone, but thankful for such lovely people which whom to have spent the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment