Wednesday, December 19, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 28 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 28

Today marked our annual team Christmas party.  It started off with me being thankful that what I said I'd bring wasn't important to party because I completely forgot that I was supposed to bring drinks.

Hey, I told y'all that my roots are blond.

Anyway.

Part of the festivities included a gift exchange.  This year's gifts ranged from the practical to the unusual, yet all were meaningful.  The most unusual gift was this:


Of course, it came without the glasses and we had to guess what it was.  This is the coolest eyeglass holder I've ever seen. 

The most meaningful gift I received was an NIV devotional Bible for single women.  No, it's not a dating book disguised as a Bible.  It's a devotional designed to encourage women who are single.  I'm looking forward to using the devotional in the coming year.

Another touching gift was a beaded snowflake made in Uganda.  It comes with a card explaining how the purchase of the item helps a Ugandan woman build her own house and gain independence and dignity.  Now, you KNOW that means the world to me.

I worried so much about the gifts I was presenting to my co-workers.  I'd created handmade ornaments and cards.  It can be a real crap shoot to give handmade items.  The team is wonderful, but I've previously dealt with people who think handmade items are cheap and lazy gifts (obviously they've don't know the effort that goes into art).  I second-guessed myself up until the party and started not to give them at all.  However, I went through with it and am thankful that I did.  Everyone enjoyed their gifts.  This was the favorite:


So much to be thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment