Tuesday, December 4, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 13 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 13:

Some days things don't go well.  Like day seven, today was one of those days.  However, I am thankful that if I'm not feeling well, I can allow myself to take a sick day, rest, and take whatever measures I need to get well.   I'd had a bad headache since yesterday afternoon and it was not any better this morning, plus I didn't sleep well.  I had two choices:  go to work, be miserable, and get no work done, or stay home and take care of myself.  It really was a hard choice.  I've only taken sick leave one other time for actual physical sickness.  All the other times have been for doctor's appointments.  I hate being sick.  I hate missing work for anything that's not life threatening.  However, I knew that I'd made the right choice.  Today, I'm also thankful for warm blankets, flavored coffee, hot baths, and Excedrin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment