Monday, October 22, 2018

31 Days ot 5 Minute Free Writes - 22: "Help"



For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



The seasons are changing.  The trees are turning their yearly array of reds, golds, and oranges with evergreens and Blue Spruce thrown in the mix.  Right now, it's gorgeous out, but my body knows it's just a matter of time before this all gives way to below freezing temps and snow.  Yes, I'm living the dream of living somewhere that didn't have ugly winters, and yes, I'll go through this winter with reliable transportation (praise the Lord), but my body feels the change coming and is already acting on it.

It's not a good feeling.

I've already reached out to our church's prayer team for help.  I've already gotten some helpful strategies to cope with Seasonal Affective Disorder from one of our counseling professors.  I'm working on strategies to help myself through the winter.

I need all the help I can get, because, quite frankly, dealing with this nearly every winter is getting old.



No comments:

Post a Comment