Tuesday, October 23, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 23: "Common"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



Common - occurring, found, or done often; prevalent.

I know that I'm seen as a commoner, but hope to be far from common.  That's odd, considering I spent a lot of time struggling with my identity in Christ.  It took a lot of prayer and study for me to stop thinking I'm just one of the "humans" God has to put up with.  Occasionally, I have to tamp that thought down again.

His Word calls me anything but common.
Psalm 139:14 (KJV) - I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) - For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Those words help me remember the unique qualities God entrusted me with.

One of the best compliments I ever got in my blog comments about being common or ordinary was "Ordinary is a word to use for pencils, toilet paper and meatloaf, not you! " 

Don't that beat all.

No comments:

Post a Comment