Wednesday, October 24, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 24: "Brief" [Simple Woman's Daybook]

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

 
For Today:  Wednesday, October 25, 2018

Outside my window  


This weekend was CCU's homecoming.  Along with their Cougar Dash 5k (complete with complementary pancake breakfast), the university has an annual Balloon Glow.  It was fun to see all the students, parents, and alumni on the quad enjoying the festivities.

I am thinking... 

For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



I'm fading, y'all. 


**clock ticking**

I'm really fighting vacation brain...

**clock still ticking**

"Everything's OK, 'cuz I'm on vacation..."

**tick, tick**

OK.  I'll give you a BRIEF blurb on what's on my mind today.  How about that?

I've been thinking about the upcoming calendar new year.  Yes, I know my new year started back in July with My Mythical Year, but the new calendar year will be a time for me to revamp and refocus.  No, I'm not doing the typical resolutions.  Otherwise, they'll end up like this:



Funny song, but no, no, no.  In relation to eternity, my life is brief.  I don't want to waste it living life "in general" "raising the bar to walk effortlessly underneath."  I need a concrete plan, especially with winter fast approach-ing.  Winter is long here in Colorado and it could undo all the progress I've made over the past year.  I say nay, nay!

 

I am thankful...

  • ...for a boss who respects my input and opinion.
  • ...for good landlords.
  • ...for a well stocked Dollar Tree.

From the Workshop...



A baby set for an expectant mommy where I do my banking.  Baby Ruben is due 10/31.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen:  Got a question for y'all.  I want the R in my A-Z challenge to be "Random Recommendations."  Can you guys recommend your favorite SIMPLE recipe, or odd food that TASTES GOOD (this ain't Good Mythical Morning and I don't have a custom barf bucket).  For example, my friend Mindy likes peanut butter and pickles.  I like both items but have never put them together.  Please leave your suggestion in the comments, or e-mail them to me at auntiesworkshop@outlook.com.  Thanks in advance for your help.
 
I am reading... I tried cranking up my reading mojo, but ended up putting one in the DNF pile:  Ready Player One by Earnest Cline.  I didn't even finish chapter two before it got on my nerves.  It started out so good, then took a nosedive. 

Something is wrong.  I started reading It Wasn't Always Easy, but I Sure Had Fun by Lewis Grizzard and I'm not enjoying it.  I ALWAYS enjoy Grizzard's work.  Good grief, the changing seasons are already getting to me.  This won't do.  I may have reread one of my favorites to get back on track.

I am learning... that I've got a lot of learning to do.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"If my memory serves me, correct me."  Charles "Link" Neal

"Excuses are tools to build monuments of nothing." Patrick Barnwell

"I wonder if when my Latino friends 'Por espanol marke dos,' do they get an American speaking in broken Spanish? Just a thought." - Auntie's Musings.

"Braxton also had a game tonight (soccer). He sent us a text to let us know how it went..."
'The game went great! We lost 10-0.'
"He’s an optimist." - Billy Crystol (a friend from college, not the comedian--note the spelling)

I am looking forward to... 
  • I'm attending a symphonic concert at CCU this weekend.  Sounds like fun.
  • My upcoming vacation and all that comes with it.


And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Who?


 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment