Thursday, October 25, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 25: "Capture"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



I need You Jesus to come to my rescue.
Where else can I go?
There's no other name by which I am saved.
Capture me with grace, I will follow You.


Rescue by Desperation Band

This prompt brought back great memories of this song.  This was a staple at Celebrate Recovery from my friends from Audience of One. 

A relationship with the God of grace isn't bondage; it is freedom from bondage.  We are captives of Christ by choice, not by force.  I love how the Apostle Paul referred to himself as a bondservant of Christ (Romans, chapter one, NKJV).  He was free, but chose to be ever-bonded to Christ.

I want to be so captured by the grace of God that I can't help but walk in total freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment