Saturday, October 20, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 20: "Audience"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



Today's Cougar Dash 5k was the first race I've done in Colorado.  It's been more than a year since I completed a 5k, plus for nearly three weeks I've felt like nine miles of bad road.  My expectations for the race weren't high.  At first, I wanted to not finish last; by the time I approached the start line, I simply wanted to finish.

I had some company during mile one.  I got lapped by several people during  mile two.  By mile three, I was all alone.  No sweepers, no audience, just me.  I finished in under an hour--dead last, but I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment