Friday, October 19, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 19: "Who?"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



As my first teaching series at church ends, I'm contemplating what my next set of lessons will be.  I'm thinking of doing a teaching on who we are in Christ.

I heard say someone that the problem with people is they love themselves too much.  I don't agree.  People give the appearance of self-sufficiency and seek attention because they don't know who they are.  They don't know that the sacrifice of Christ has given them a holy identity.

I have a hard time with spiritual amnesia myself.  I've also been the victim of spiritual identity theft.  The enemy sends people to try to convince me that I'm not who God says I am.  The truth of His Word is the only defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment