Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring in My Step: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
Actually, I would rather do both.  Planting a new garden at my place isn't possible, but sprucing up the perennial beds and putting spring annuals in the containers is possible.  Taking a walk in the woods isn't an option either, but taking a unhurried stroll on the bike trail is definitely a "go."  The weather is supposed to be perfect, so if all goes according to plan, I shall head outside for most of Thursday.
When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)
My mother just sprang an early morning doctor's appointment for tomorrow on me.
We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?
WORKING!
Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
I like to sit in the back.  The screen is large and easy to see, plus in the back, the sound isn't too loud.  The last time I sat in the theater was last year to see Home Run.
When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
I want them to know that I am friendly.  I want them to feel comfortable around me.  I want them to be glad that they met me.  I want God's love to shine through me.
March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?
Frozen chicken breasts.
What's something you avoid?
I avoid conflict and other people's bad feelings.  I avoid asking people for help as much as possible.  I try to avoid reckless, angry drivers on the road.  I avoid other people's whining children so that I will mind my own business.  I avoid Wal-Mart on "maw-maw and paw-paw's day," which is around the first of the month.
Insert your own random thought here.

Finished this lap throw last week.

4 comments:

  1. Your lap throw is beautiful!

    I also try to avoid other people's whiney children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      I have to avoid them because I've been a teacher for so long that I cannot resist saying SOMETHING. :)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty throw! So springy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. It went as a door prize for our local senior citizen's center monthly dance. It was fun to make. I might make another one with a slightly different twist.

      Delete