Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Working on it: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Outside my window … A cloudy cool morning with promises of a pretty day.
 
Praising God for…  The prospect of employment.  I had a job interview yesterday.  I should know by next week if I was chosen.
 
In prayer for...  Getting this job.  Favor.  Friends in pain.  My health.  Also praying for those who don't know Him; that's God's goodness will continue to draw them to repentance (Romans 2:4).

I am thinking...
about new prospects.  I'm thinking about something a friend said to me this weekend.  I was hesitant about asking for help with my purchases at the church yard sale.  He said, "Quit being so prideful and ask people for help."  What a turnaround from 20 years ago when I was chastised for being too clingy and inadvertently using people--chastisement I deserved.  Having to be ridiculously independent out of sheer terror of hurting more people has made me just a little edgy.  Anyway, I'm thinking about how to find a balance.  There are things that I cannot do by myself and that I don't know how to do at all, so asking for help is necessary.  But, that fear niggles in the back of my mind and I balk.

I am thankful...
for creativity, for the quickly coming spring weather, for ever improving health and strength.
 
In the kitchen...  I need to thoroughly clean my kitchen before I cook anything else.  My whole apartment is starting to look like an okra patch.  This may be one of those things I need help with.  The winter depression and various body shutdowns have gotten me so behind on housework.  With the distinct possibility of going back to work VERY soon, I'm in a tizzy to get my place back to the sparkling sanctuary it was before.

I am wearing... Black pants, red Sav-A-Life t-shirt.

I am creating...
 Crochet projects, getting ready to set up for a new painting, also pondering over my writing project.
 
I am going... To volunteer at Sav-A-Life this morning, picking up prescriptions and renewing my driver's license this afternoon, then hopefully to the Ladiga Trail for a ride.  I'm finally going to head back to community band tonight and hopefully a walk at the community center after practice.  If I'm not wiped out, I want to make some headway on cleaning.
 
I am wondering... why every stinking medication has the potential of "causing drowsiness." 

I am reading...
 I have less than 10 pages left to finish the book Boundaries for Leaders by Dr. Henry Cloud, then I will start the book Nutrition for Dummies.

I am hoping...
that I get this job.

I am looking forward to...
Easter and celebrating the resurrection of the Savior.
 
I am learning
… that I can do a lot with a little if I just focus.

Around the house...
cleaning, as stated above.
 
I am pondering...  not really a deep pondering, but just thinking about babies.  I love babies and they love me.  As long as there are babies, Auntie will always be loved.  I'm also pondering the joy of what it will be like to have meaningful work again.  I am so looking forward to it.  If it's not this job I interviewed for, it will be a better one.
 
A favorite quote for today...

"There is a fine line between healthy sarcasm and being a jackass.  DON'T CROSS THE LINE." - Me

"Even if you look good-because women at 40, 50, 60 are working out and y'all look good-but you can't wear the pants that say 'Juicy."  Stop that!"  - Sinbad, Comedian

One of my favorite things... Social media.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Choir practice Wednesday, stitch night Thursday, Celebrate Recovery on Friday, and any other mischief I can get into the rest of the week mixed in with as many bike rides and walks as I can squeeze in.

A peek into my day... 


I've been playing this song over and over for about a month now.  It's an oldie, but a goodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment