Sunday, October 14, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 14: "Ask"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




The first hard snow of the season.
I knew it would happen.

I knew I'd have to do it again.

Today, I had to ride the weed wagon to church.  I woke up to snow on the ground and my Southern driving instincts kicked in that dictates that my car shall not move at all.  My Sunday School class better be glad I love them otherwise I wouldn't have gone out at all.

I asked God for a few things.  One, that everyone behaved on the bus.  Two, that my class would actually show up.  Three, to keep me safe as I walked to and from the bus stop (I wasn't sure if it was icy or not).  Blessedly, the Lord did honor my requests.  For that, I am most grateful.

"...yet ye have not, because ye ask not." - James 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment