Saturday, October 13, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 13: "Talk"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




I think I have mastered the art of talking without words.  Some of my facial expressions convey my intended message much more effectively than a slew of subjects and predicates.  My Dad face (we call it the "ML" in our family) usually stops chronic interrupters or mansplainers in their tracks.

It also works in the positive.  I had the neatest thing happen to me in Wal-Mart yesterday.  I know neat things and Wal-Mart don't usually occupy the same sentence, but go with me here.  I was walking down an aisle, and an older man came up to me and said, "You have a good day too, ma'am.  I really like your smile."  Now, this was not a dirty old man (if it had been, he would have gotten the "ML"); it was a genuine complement.  I made that man's day without saying a word.  May I convey the love of Christ by what my actions say as much as what my mouth says.  As the saying goes, people want to see a sermon before they hear one.

No comments:

Post a Comment