Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Blueberry Hill in the 'ville: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What's something in your house you'd like to get rid of but can't?
 
The only thing I would get rid of in my apartment is the clothes dryer on our side of the complex.  It needs to be replaced.  I've called the repair people twice and told them that the heating element is going out on it.  However, they keep saying there's nothing wrong with it.  If a dryer won't get 3 towels and some wash cloths dry in 45 minutes, there's something wrong with it.  I end up using the dryer in the adjoining breezeway in our building, which in itself is a minor inconvenience, but in principle irks the stew out of me.  I'm really surprised no else has complained.

When is the last time you experienced a sense of nostalgia? Elaborate.

#BlowSoutherners
This spring after the tornado struck my hometown.  One of the most beautiful tributes to our town was from the Spirit of Atlanta drum corp.  The link to the video is here.  "Salvation is Created" is one of the Marching Southerners' standards, so it was more than a fitting tribute.  I was nostalgic and homesick all at the same time as I sat in front of my computer at work and cried (good thing my cubicle is in the back corner of our floor).  I still miss home and I still tear up every time I hear it.

You're only allowed three apps on your smart phone or tablet...which three do you keep?

Assuming the standard apps that make the phone a phone (calling and texting) are not included in this question, I shall proceed.
  1. Google maps - Helps me get where I'm going when I don't know where I'm going.
  2. Music Player - I don't go anywhere without a soundtrack.
  3. Camera - Right now, my phone's camera is the only means of keeping a photographic record of my adventures.

July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day. Who knew? Do you like blueberry muffins? If you were going to have a muffin would blueberry be your choice? What's the last thing you baked?

Blueberry muffins are a take it or leave it muffin for me.  If I were going to have a muffin, I'd prefer a banana nut muffin.  The last sweet treat I baked was peanut butter cookies.  The last savory treat I baked was a frozen pizza.

What's the biggest way you've changed since you were a child? In what way are you still the same?

As a child I was very timid and so scared of people that it bordered on xenophobia.  Today, that's not me.  In fact, I love meeting new people and attempting to make new friends.  However, in too many ways, I'm still too much like my old self.  I talk in my latest book review here about how I'm trying to change that.

Insert your own random thought here.

I think I've got another song to add to my list of life songs:



No comments:

Post a Comment