Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Beat the Heat: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
I feel most energized when I ...

Create.  Whether is music, writing or art, putting my creative spin on something gives me energy.

Where were you ten years ago?

Ugh!  2008 was the beginning of a very dark time in my life.  I was at the most stressful, dehumanizing job ever, my health was heading into the toilet, and my spiritual life wasn't going well either.  Praise the Lord, I'm not there now!

July 17th is World Emoji Day. Do you use emojis? Which one's your favorite? Your most used?

Yes.  My favorite emoji to use is the smiley face.  😊

What song would you put on a wedding DO NOT PLAY list?

I hope you're not wanting a serious answer, because you're not going to get it here.  (Think about who you're dealing with)  My top ten songs NOT to play at a wedding:
  • Friends are Friends Forever by Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith.  I hate that song to its core.
  • Superfreak by Rick James.  Well, I guess it depends on the couple, doesn't it?  Save it for the reception...or better yet, the honeymoon.
  • You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi.  Might as well sign the divorce papers at the reception.
  • Dude Looks Like a Lady by Aerosmith.  'Nuf said.
  • Any song by Adele.  Music to slit your wrists by.
  • Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield.  Dang Rick, get your own woman!
  • Every Breath You Take by The Police.  Um, if you're getting married, do you really need to keep stalking your intended?  #Creepy
  • What's Love Got to Do With It? by Tina Turner.  If it's that bad, stay single, honey!
  • My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion.  I can smell the cheese from here.  You know that the couple from that song are dead, right?
  • Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks.  Your wedding theme might as well be "Hold my beer and watch this!"

What deserves less of your attention? More of your attention?

My fears deserve less of my attention.
My faith deserves more of my attention.

Insert your own random thought here.

We're all in the throws of summer heat.  I think we all need this.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog post. Your list of songs on the Do Not Play list made me laugh out loud. I read them to my husband who also chuckled. I thought I was being irreverent with the one song I listed, but you did much better! Thanks for the cheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Thank you for reading...and laughing.

      Delete
  2. "Adele...music to slit your wrists by" LOL!
    Isn't it weird to look back 10 whole years? That's such a long time. I tend to look back about 6 months at a time.

    What a fun video! Where do you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red.

      Since I don't have cable, I watch a lot of fun videos on YouTube. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete