Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Working for the Weekend: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What are your ingredients for a perfect Saturday?
  • Sleeping in.
  • Going for a nice walk or bike ride.
  • Having a Chai Latte at Starbucks.
  • Shopping.
  • Eating out at a favorite restaurant.
  • Painting, crocheting, or curling up with a good book.
  • Taking a bubble bath.
  • Falling into bed and immediately falling asleep.
This would be more perfect if I had a vehicle and could participate in many of the activities with friends.  The car is a coming reality.  The friends?  Not so much.

What skill do you wish more people took the time to learn?
 
Communication.  Real communication that involves talking sensibly while looking a person in the eye, and truly listening with a sympathetic ear.  Too many people don't know how to do that.

What's something you ate as a child you can't stand now as an adult?

I really can't think of anything.  There are several foods I ate as a child that I don't want to have anything to do with now, but I really don't know how I would react if I ate them.  Things like potted meat, chittlins (redneck haggis), and Spam (or the broke person's alternative; Treet).

Something parenting has taught you? If you're not a parent tell us one important lesson you learned from your own parents.

I plead the fifth.

Share a favorite quote or saying about mothers or motherhood.

From Pinterest

Insert your own random thought here.

First, I saw my new GP this week and had to update my Tetanus/Diphtheria shot.  Unlike the last time I took the shot 12 years ago, I've had not-so-pleasant reactions from it.  I knew the injection site would swell, but good night.  Every joint in my body ached, plus I didn't know what temperature I was going to be from minute to minute.  Good thing it's only every 10 years.

Second, McDonald's is advertising their new "fresh beef quarter pounder."  What were the other ones made of, squirrel?

Next, hopefully, I'll have a surprise for you the next hodgepodge.  Stay tuned.

Lastly, enjoy the Mythicality.  Yep, I'm hooked.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment