Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Don't Call on Me: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?

I am in the throws of a Bible study from Dallas Theological Seminary called "The Story of Scripture."  It gives an overview of the literary structure of the Bible, plus gives historical context to the Scriptures.  I've always been confused about the divided kingdom of Israel.  As many times as I've read the Bible in its entirety, I never caught on to when, how, or why the kingdom divided.  I learned yesterday that the kingdom split during a civil war after the reign of King Solomon.  Yes, I've been a Christian for a long time, but Bible history, especially Old Testament history, is not one of my strengths.  I'm working to change that.

Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.

I think my moving to Colorado was my "now or never" moment.  If my life was ever going to change for the better, following God in the trek was necessary.

From Kenneth Copeland Ministries
April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off?  In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that's too hard) where the telephone is featured.

I've gone completely mobile.  Budget and not really seeing the need for a landline are the main reasons.  Also, my mobile allows me to keep my Alabama number, so my contacts from back home don't have to pay long distance charges.  Also, I've discovered that I don't have to get a land line or cable in order to get internet service.  Once this car business is settled, I can start budgeting for home internet service. 

It depends on the situation whether I will answer a text immediately.  I don't read or answer texts when I'm driving.  I turn my phone off every night and put it on vibrate when I'm at work and on silent when I'm in church. 

I can't really think of any interesting or funny stories involving the telephone, so I'll just share a song.



Close call, at someone's beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call...which call have you 'heard' recently? Explain.

"Call the shots" I suppose.  I'm daily working on making good health choices.  Some days are harder than others.

What subject do you wish you'd paid more attention to in school?

History. Granted, I had one really good history teacher in high school and really enjoyed the history courses I took in graduate school.  However, the rest of my high school and college history teachers were horrible, boring, or horribly boring.  Gah!  It's going to take the rest of my adult life to catch up.

Insert your own random thought here.

Today, April 25th, is also Administrative Professionals' Day (what we used to call Secretary's Day) here in the United States.  Shout out to all my fellow Admins!

My friends at work have ruined me by introducing me to Good Mythical Morning.  This is my kind of nerd-like stupid.  Just a warning; if you have a weak stomach, don't watch any of the food challenges.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I could have said 'call the shots' pertaining to my diet this month. I'm doing the Whole 30 thing so I've totally been calling the shots on what we've been eating. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to get back into better eating habits, but it's not easy. Too often I allow what's put in front of me to call the shots. My daughter is getting married next year, which is pretty motivating : ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls got me into Good Mythical Morning a few years ago. Those boys are crazy!

    ReplyDelete