Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Leap of Percentage: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Are you currently operating at 100% capacity? If not, what % are you? What's keeping you there?

One hundred percent capacity of what?  My stomach?  Sure. 😊

I'm not sure if I'm working at full capacity of mental capability.  My sleep has been rather inconsistent lately.  It's getting better, but I'm still working on getting a good night's sleep more than one night in a row.  Lack of sleep can be taxing to the brain.

Have you done your taxes? Planned/booked a summer holiday? Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.
  • My taxes are in process. 
  • I've planned several days off in the summer, but other than hopefully going to a ladies retreat in Colorado Springs in July, I've not made specific plans to go anywhere.  I want to get this car business squared away before I budget for anything else. 
  • Haven't been in my apartment long enough to need to spring clean.
  • Before spring rolls around I need to pump the tires, oil the chain and take a spin on my bicycle.  I haven't ridden since summer and the Green Hornet thinks I don't love her anymore.
What's a favorite food from your part of the country?

To quote the great Mark Lowry:

Bill Gaither - "What's your favorite animal?"
Mark Lowry - "Fried chicken."

This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.

What I want to apply to my life is to "grow by leaps and bounds."  I've got a lot of catching up to do for many years of missed opportunities and growth.

As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.
  1. The most fun book I read in February was Jan Karon's To Be Where You Are
  2. The most fun blog post I wrote in February was this one.
  3. The College of Adult and Graduate Studies had their big semester update meeting last week.  I thought it was fun.
  4. The most fun YouTube video I saw in February was:

If I said that I couldn't think of any more, would that make me a sad person?

Man, I need a car.

Insert your own random thought here.

In case you don't read my Daybooks, I am repeating my request here.

I am considering doing something for Read Across America.  For the past two years, I’ve volunteered for the United Way of Calhoun County’s participation in the yearly celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday.  Each volunteer goes to a local school, reads an age-appropriate book to a Kindergarten class, then presents the book as a gift to the class.  Unfortunately, I discovered that the Mile High United Way here in the Denver area does not participate in this program, nor do they participate in answering their e-mails either. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Anyway...
 
Here’s my idea.  I’m thinking of reading this year’s book, or one like it, either as an audio podcast, or as a video this weekend and posting it online.  Would any of you who have small children (or large children, for that matter) be interested in hearing/seeing it?  Since I can’t give my love of reading to children here in Lakewood, I’d like to give it to anyone interested.  Hit me up in the comments, or by e-mail at auntiesworkshop@outlook.com.  Now, if I don't hear from anyone, I'm not going to do it.  I don't need to hear me read the story; I want to share it with you.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Mark Lowery bit : ) I do hope you get the car situation sorted soon. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete