Wednesday, December 20, 2017

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 30: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season?

Because I have kept my shopping trips at a minimum, I've not been bombarded with months of Christmas music that made me tired of it by Thanksgiving.  I really enjoyed humming along with the music playing in the stores this past weekend.  Simple things mean a lot.

What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?

Informal gatherings with lots of food, lots of laughter, and no one feeling left out.  Spending a gathering that supposed to celebrate the holidays feeling like an outsider isn't a great way to spend what is slated as a joyous time.  Our team Christmas potluck last week was a good example of a joyous gathering.

Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment)  'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?

I don't care one way or the other.  I'm just glad it wasn't Colin Kaepernick.

How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate.

My life was pretty mundane before my move to Colorado in late summer.  I spent this year trying to improve my finances, health, opportunities, and spiritual life (among other things).  I'm still on that same path of improvement, but with much more hope for success.  I'm very pleased to finally feel like I'm in God's will, instead of just taking what comes.  It's not easy, but it sure is fun.

Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less.

Had a great time.  Can't wait for next year! Cya!

Insert your own random thought here.


Thankful for laughter.  Here's a giggle for you.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say "Welcome to Colorado" except that we moved out of that wonderful state this past summer. Loved it and lived there for 40+ years (all total). I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete