Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Smile: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn't have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?
 
None of the above.  Maybe next year.

What are you waiting for? Elaborate
 
I'm waiting to hear from the apartment I applied for.  I'll know something by Friday.  So, Lord willing, I'll be moving this weekend.

Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.
 
I'm always longing to be more than what I am.  From this list my top two are more creative and more athletic.  I feel like both are at kind of a standstill right now.  I believe the coming year will see vast improvement.

When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper?

Since I do not yet own my own home, I've not had the joy of picking out paint colors for the walls.  When I do get to that point, I'm hiring someone.  I can paint a landscape or still life on canvas, but I know nothing about painting a wall without making a mess of it.

What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?

I only get to pick one?!  Not a chance.
  • A good church.
  • My new job and great coworkers.
  • The friends I've stayed with until I could get on my feet.
  • Safety on the road during my commute.
 
Insert your own random thought here.
 
I'm so spent after my 31 days blog challenge that I think I've run out of words for now.  So, I'll just share a song.  See y'all next week.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you've found a job you enjoy, and now hopefully an apartment. Sounds like life is falling in to place in your new city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This change has been 45 years in the making, so I'm going to get everything out of it I can.

      Delete
  2. Great list of things to be thankful for. I hope you get that apartment and that you hear sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete