Friday, November 3, 2017

Five Minute Friday: "Need"


 

Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
 
Need is everywhere.  Having need is not anything new.  Seeing those in need is also nothing new.  The change is that for the first time, I feel like I have a chance to do a little something about it.

Our church has many wonderful opportunities to serve those in need.

God is taking good care of my needs because, quite frankly, I'm doing a better job of getting out of the way and letting Him.

Something else that's needed is healthy, adult discourse.  An online acquaintance posted a video about "white privilege."  I knew I shouldn't have commented, but I'm so tired of this discourse, I felt a need to try to add some sanity to the conversation.  I know, don't say it.  Of course my comments that it wasn't about race but about making wise choices were removed.  The claim was that the post wasn't about "white privilege," but that's what the video implied.

What I need is for my white friends to stop being made to feel ashamed of their race.  I also need my black friends to stop shaming each other when they make the wise choices that bring success.
 
-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment