Wednesday, November 8, 2017

In the Groove: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
In a rut, in a jam, in the groove, out of synch, off balance, out of touch...which saying best fits some area of your life currently (or recently)? Explain.

In the groove...and it's all been God's doing.

What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?

It's not really someone's style of working, but their style of not working.  That's not much of a problem on my new job, but in other situations, it mystifies me how some people work extremely hard to get nothing done.  Sometimes I feel like this guy...


What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home

Watching or listening to college football.  That's how I've brought a little piece of home with me to Colorado (Thanks TuneIn radio).

A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?


The instrumentation is what makes this jam one of my favorites.  One day, I'd like to learn to play this song on both bass and drums.

Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.

Romans 1:20-21 (KJV) - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

I know that seems like an odd one to choose, but in it's context it's a warning that the root of backsliding starts with being unthankful.

Insert your own random thought here.

This time change has totally wrecked my sleep.  Monday, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  Tuesday, I woke up at 4:30 and thought I was on the mend.  Then, this morning, I woke up again at 3:30.  Once again, I had to remind myself that I don't work for the YMCA anymore and don't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn.  Let's hope it works.  Technically, I've gone through the time change twice.  This summer, I had to make the adjustment from Central to Mountain time; now this.  Reminds me of a quote:  "What is daylight savings time, and if we're saving so much of it, who's got it all?" - Mike Warnke.

Well, on to good news.  Tomorrow I sign my lease and move into my new apartment.  My daily long commute is over and I'm getting back two hours a dayfor more constructive use.  Praise the Lord.  Once I've got the keys and get settled, I'll tell more of the story.

See y'all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment